Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Our Happy Girl!



Good shot of all 6 teeth, huh?

What a wonderful week! Abby is such a happy girl these days. She is really a joy to be around. I think she's proud of all the new discoveries she's made and I KNOW she's impressed with herself for standing up without holding on to anything. I'll get it on camera soon...she stood for almost 10 seconds today, but of course the camera was no where near! Rats. Soon, I promise.


My first Mother's Day was amazing as well. The week started off with getting a heartfelt, wonderful card from Thad that I look at and read everyday. My mom's card also brought tears to my eyes as I finally get to share this special day with her. My brother called to say happy first mom's day - every call from him means the world to me. My amazing friends Tuzzi and Uma had a vase full of tulips and the most amazing gift waiting for me when I went to pick them up for the "Tucson Pops" concert at Reid Park. Andrea, Ben, and Reid Fallin had us over for a dip in the pool - the kidos had so much fun splashing and swimming around...and of course mom always appreciates the company of fun friends! Abby's daycare made a wonderful gift from one of her first pair of shoes. Picture enclosed. I really don't deserve such wonderful people in my life! Thank y'all so much for thinking of me and making this day not nearly as lonely as I was anticipating!

Here's some of that happy girl:

That smile says it all!

Flirting with standing on her own. So far, she's just been letting go of what she's holding on to in order to stand...but any day now she'll push up from the floor. I'm currently in training, trying to get in shape for that day! Good Lord!



She say's "Mom, I'm coming to get ya!" Yikes!



I haven't really gotten many pictures of Abby's bath time...especially since she's such a big girl and has officially ditched the kiddie bathtubs. Here's some of our fun:






Here's that, "I'm up to something, and I hope mom doesn't figure it out" look.



"Ooooooh my goodness, I love a good bath!"


All clean and dry now. Life is much better.


Big girl eating a biscuit all by herself. This new self-sufficient feeding allows mom to wash dishes and feed the dogs. Two chores that don't always get done! ha.




The sweet gift from daycare. I think they know how hard it is on us parents to dump her off there everyday. That little flip-flop shoe was only on her foot once or twice, but it will forever be on my first Mother's Day gift. The note says, "I love you, Mommy. Happy Mother's Day 2009"

1 comment:

Andrea_Ben said...

Love the Mother's day present - too cute!! She is such a happy girl :0)